Getting Started with FTA
What you absolutely need:
- A clear view of the southern sky
- A dish, 30 inches or wider
- A Ku-band LNBF
- A Free-to-air DVB receiver
To hit multiple satellites from one dish, add:
- A dish-moving motor
Really helpful stuff for installation:
- A compass with degree marks
- A level
- True RG6 coax cable
- A 7/16-inch wrench, for most dishes
- A portable TV
- A signal strength meter
The four simple steps:
- Find a place for the dish. It has to have a clear view to the south, although the exact direction varies.
- Get your equipment. Choose what you want, see who sells it for a good price, and go get it.
- Install. You can do it yourself with a few helpful tools, or you can pay someone else to do it.
- Find your channels. Use FTAList as a guide to tell your receiver where to look for the channels you want.